CranioSacral Therapy - CST
is a sensitive way to assess and to release physical and emotional blockages. Initially the treatment offers gentle fascia releases from any part of the body including the meninges, which cover the brain and the spinal cord inside the head and the spine, with connections to all the nerves linking vital organs, muscles and joints of the whole body. This fascia release process often triggers tissue memory recall of previous events that made a traumatic impact on the body. Your therapist can help you to integrate this experience to the treatment and to facilitate your progress.
CranioSacral Therapy CST combined with Somato Emotional Release® (SER) facilitate the discovery of mind and body connections, which are underpinning your symptoms, then help you to find inner resources needed for moving towards a positive change.
CST treatments are safe and suitable for all ages including new-born babies. Adverse reactions are rare and only a few specific conditions must not be treated with CST. Any questions related to this can be discussed before the treatment. This Therapy is increasingly recognized as a choice of treatment by clients with history of physical or emotional trauma, stress related mental health and physiological symptoms or with painful long-term conditions.
Clients remain fully clothed during the therapy.
Frequently Treated Conditions and Indications:
- Stress – Physical discomfort and mental health conditions caused or aggravated by stress
- Sleep problems
- Pain and Pain Management: some acute and most chronic pain can be treated
- Head Injury, Concussion, Neck or Back injury - Whiplash from accidents, assaults, sports injuries
- Mother and Baby support after birth and in the early years – Colic pain, restlessness, recovering from common injuries, supporting the healthy development of the nervous system – coping with stress
- Stroke and other Brain Injury rehabilitation– helping the nervous system to re-develop new functional pathways , pain management, emotional support
- Spinal cord injury and other Motor Dysfunctions
- Physical & Emotional Trauma, PTSD – Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Chronic Painful conditions
- Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia – support circulation, vascular functions, elimination of toxins and healthy metabolic processes
- Autism, Autistic Spectrum Disorder ASD
- Asthma or other breathing issues
- Angina and other heart conditions or recovery after heart surgery
- Cancer – to gain understanding, acceptance and new resources for coping and healing, supporting the Immune system, help to cope with side effects of medical interventions, pain management
- Chronic Fatigue ME
- Digestive complains, IBS,
- Fibromyalgia and other Connective-Tissue Disorders
- Temporo-mandibular Joint Syndrome (TMJ)
- Recovery after surgery or a difficult birth for mother and child.
- ADHD, Concentration difficulty or other issues with learning at school.
CranioSacral Therapy can be harmoniously integrated with ongoing medical treatments and with other Holistic and Complementary therapies.
This treatment modality was pioneered in the USA by Dr John E Upledger Osteopathic Physician. In the 1970s he researched the tenets of Cranial Osteopathy - originally established by William G Sutherland - and then continued developing CranioSacral Therapy and established the Upledger Institute and Clinic.